Wednesday, October 14, 2009

yesterday's cancer news

today was very long and tiring - and the news is rough.
I have cell cancer in the lining of my stomach and it is not the good cancer.
-they can treat me but there is no cure.
it is the same cancer that David had except that it is in my lining of stomach rather than pancreas and Davids had already became terminal.
I will begin treatments soon and I have to have a colonoscopy on Friday to determine if it has spread to the bowel.It did not show on the ct scan but he said the scan can not pick up this up there too well so the colonoscopy..yuck
I am very tired and exhausted and just shell shocked---I will be better tomorrow( and I did as it is now tomorrow ) it is fine to share and I will up date as I can- as long as folks realize this is really all i know and that next week I will get the port put in and I cannot individually reply right now--it is going to be a tough battle to get me into remission but I have hope as that is what the doctor gave me as well as the grim news.---radiation will not work for this type of cancer and I have not reached a terminal stage right now -------- remission is good thing -

hugs from Meme

7 comments:

Nel said...

My heart goes out to you my dear friend! Know that you are being thought about and prayed for!
A scripture came to mind...
"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord" Psalm 31:24.

messymimi said...

I have nothing but hugs, prayers, and tears to share with you, but I offer all of them freely.

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray dear friend.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I remember like it was yesterday when I walked out of that clinic with the news of my cancer, and those feelings came over me again as I read your post today. You are in my prayers daily, and I know the Lord will walk with you through all of this, no matter how hard it may be. I have so much to say, but mostly just want to hug you and say it will be all right. I don't really know that. None of us do. But I do know one thing: The Lord picks the journey, lays out the path, gives us the shoes we need to walk through it, the strength we need for the day, and His hand for comfort and reassurance! Live today! It is all we are really sure of!

Cora

Jen said...

Lifting you up in prayer today.

Cassie said...

Will keep you in my prayers. love,Cassie

Blessings each day said...

Will be praying for you...was wondering why your old blog had no new posts.

I have a friend who had breast cancer that was contained, then years later it spread to her liver and is now in her brain...we thought she was lost four weeks ago when her kidneys shut down.

But guess what? She is doing much much better and is even able to go shopping and out for lunch! Lots of prayers have been going her way, so many wonders are always still possible!

May the Lord and His angels hold you in their healing touch.

blessings and hugs,

marcy