Tuesday, May 5, 2009

jammie day

Meme had a jammie day which is another way of saying I did not
want to get all dressed up with no place to go----
every once and a while and some times more often
I just putter about doing the chores in my jammies
they are quite cosy and comfortable and respectable too
I had planned on having a do nothing day until
I made the mistake of entering the doom room
which translated is the room where Miss Ashley resides
I decided to check under the clothes and see if the rug
was still there and then I did the Oma thing
Oma-s can do these things that mothers should never do
I did her laundry- as a gift to her
she was sad today and went to work sad
due to some family issues and because it is better
for Oma- to say less sometimes I decided to give
her the gift of clean laundry---
I also freshened her blankets by tossing them into
the dryer with that vanilla smell she so loves-
the things that made her sad did work out partly
but not enough to heal her hurts
and we just have to continue to pray
for her and them - she comes from a split home
back ground and is often stuck in the middle
of problems which belong to others who should know better-
I do not do these things for her
often but I felt that it was a
cheerio that she needed at this time
--she was still quite emotionally needy tonight
but has settled now in her clean bed
and oh yes, the rug is still there--LOL-
pray for her heart to be healed as she has
been broken for so long
hugs from Meme

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A jammie day sounds wonderful. I will keep your grandaughter in my prayers. I'm sure she appreciated all the TLC you lavished on to her :)

judycolby said...

You are so kind and wise.

Nel said...

I believe she needs you as much as you need her. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.