Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A WONDER DAY......


  • I had a wonderful birthday yesterday.
    both daughters called---
    my brother called me and I received
    many many emails and I know a snail mail
    is coming soon too---
    and friends brought us over supper
    and although they could not stay
    for supper they had time for a visit-
    so it was a very good day for Meme
    I was blessed to write the ''Birthday Story''.
    even though it was bittersweet
    it was a day I wanted to share-
    as my gift to you.
    last year this time there was no time
    to write the story and the timing was not right.
    weather wise we had rain and sleet and snow and gray skies
    and then after supper a blue sky with some sunshine-and -clouds.
    it reminded me of this new journey-----
    that I am on.....we got through the weather yesterday
    and I will get through this journey -
    blue skies peeking through among the gray-
    sometimes rain and sometimes sun.
    all the things I need to grow.
    now Meme has overdone for her age-
    and I need to have an early rest tonight.
    Thank you for the wonderful greetings and
    for your gifts of prayer and encouragement
    that you have blessed me with this last year.
    hugs from Meme

3 comments:

messymimi said...

I'm so glad your birthday turned out this way. I hope to read about many more of them in the years to come.

Hugs,

messymimi

Shellby said...

Thank you for sharing this with us.

MessyShell :)

Nicole said...

I have visited you a few times and tonight you are on my heart. I am praying for you!

In Him,
Nicole