Tuesday, December 23, 2008

celebrating Christmas

  • MEME had sewer problems for the last week so she could not be on the net to write but all is well now so here I am
  • this is a copy and paste from my group but tomorrow I will write you a
  • brand new note---
  • ______________________________
  • one more day until Christmas and yes, I still need to do the shopping- I like to go to the dollar store
    for stocking stuff for the grand children
    did not do that today but I still have tomorrow
    found some cute little bags at another store for 40 cents each so I will use them for stockings
    it is just a fun thing for everyone
    I get little things they use during the year--I save change the last few months
    so that it does not come out of my
    normal living-expenses-

    Yes, I am celebrating Christmas- I think that as a Christian it is nice for me to have a day of celebration
    for Jesus who came to give me and you eternal life- we know that it is not his real birth day as far as days go
    but it is a day for us to reflect his coming as man to live here with us in order to later give His life for us-

    I am not more sad about papa missing Christmas here than any other day as I miss him every day
    but happy to know I have this special day to remember why Jesus came and because He came
    I will see Him and papa one day.....
    I do see a lot of sadness this year but it seems to be a money issue of guilt of folks thinking
    that they are not giving enough - because we tend to get sucked into the world=s idea
    of gifts and celebration= What we need to give is ourselves
    parents could give their kids a special time for"" you ""---- often we say we have more time than money so we could
    give some of our time to family and friends-just some ideas that would really bring families together
    again as families :-)

    Papa and I were into the thing of giving too many gifts at one time until we discovered Jesus and who and why and how
    we can celebrate Him-I think it would be a honor to Him if we could keep Christmas in our hearts
    every day and take and give time to our families
    and friends

    Have a very Happy Christmas and keep the day in your heart all year long-
    Happy Birthday, Jesus

    Huggles me,
    Meme aka Oma
    (MARILYN CHRISTINE)
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/awidowswalk

    Lord, grant that I may seek to comfort rather than be comforted.(Mother Teresa)

1 comment:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I always feel so refreshed when I come here and read your heart and feel your emotions!!!! You definitely have the right thoughts about Christmas, its true meaning, etc. I'll be praying for you during the next few days, and I trust that you will have a wonderful Christmas season! Sounds like you are already! Keep warm and snuggly!!!!!

Cora