Thursday, December 4, 2008

thinking out loud..again


  • one thing I learned with papa's cancer was that life
    would still go on....but not the same
    we took papa's cancer and normalized it
    we created a whole new way of living each day
    we had moments when we pretended that things were the same
    as they always had been before the cancer came
    but the cancer became just a normal way of life
    other people seemed more intimidated by it than we were
    we danced with out music pouring our love into each other
    and when he died the dance stopped
    now there is only me to hear the songs
    that we listened too
    and now I hear the silence
    and the laughter is missing
    and I feel the dull ache of loneliness
    but I have learned that
    it is ok -not to be ok-
    and that I will heal......
    the sun will come out again
    the rainbow will shine after the rain
    and in the quiet I will renew my connections
    of inspiration, and my enthusiasm and the
    silence will become golden=
    and I will dance again

  • huggles me, Meme

7 comments:

Mama said...

now, that's an awesome poem! Such emotion captured with words we can all understand and relate to.

Still praying you through your days. hang in there -- you matter to us.

Marge said...

Beautiful piece of writing. Emotions get in the way of life sometimes, don't they? Thinking of you and sending blessings for your weekend.

Marge

Grammy Staffy said...

May you dance again.... and be happy again and may the sweet memories of days past help fill the emptiness you are feeling now.

My thoughts are with you, Love, Lura

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Meme..
((((Hugz))). What a beauitful writing of precious and cherished memories. As I read I see that the dancing continues in your heart where you're memories are forever stored till you see each other face to face where your dance will be an eternal one. Thinking of you and praying that your time of memories will bring comfort and joy to you today and always.

Hugz Lorie

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Meme,
How are you today? I am thinking of you. I know that the holidays must be hard for you. You are in my prayers.

Drop by my blog and pick up an award I have for you. You touch my life and I am honored to pass on this award to you that says so.

Jan's Blog said...

How beautiful! As someone who is going to die and leave loved ones behind this brought me to tears. I try to remember that this journey is not mine to take alone. In fact, I began blogging to leave a memory for my darling little Great Niece, Darien, in case I go before she's old enough to remember me. Thanks so much for sharing your journey!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I've been thinking about you and praying for you these past few days, and I'm so glad I stopped by! Your heart is so beautiful and I'm so grateful to you for sharing with us all. Love you!!!! Cora