Sunday, December 28, 2008

getting through December

December was a tough month for me
as it has so many anniversary dates of dear David's cancer journey
last December I was on the road to the city every day
to spend time with him and learning to walk a different path
and yet
I am so happy that our Savior was born as a babe
and went through the same temptations and joys and sorrows
that we go through here on our earthly journey
I feel good about the new year coming with
some new beginnings for me
I think I have done well this year consideriing the circumstances
I get up every morning
I work a small job part time
I walk a lot
and keep up daily life
I have done any thing foolish to cause more grief
later on in my life
I have kept the faith
I still look toward the future
I miss David
more than I ever knew was possible and
but I am so grateful for the days and years we had
together
and that David did know the Master
I know as long as the
LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
that in my sorrow I will find joy
joy is not about being happy
joy is more about being content and grateful
for what was and what is and what will be
I still cry tears for David as I miss
him here on earth
most of these memories that I share
are joyful and part of who we were
we had fun - we had sorrow we had each other
to bounce life off of
and we had Jesus
I will close with Papa David's words
which he wrote down often and especially in his Bible
Jesus is Lord
Amen
with huggles. Meme

No comments: