Monday, June 22, 2009

a Meme note

I have been off doing things and forgetting to blog. On Thursday, Dogman had his spring cleaning and got his hair cut and his nails done- Miss Ashley and I walked him down town and then did this and that while he was busy-- then I walked him home again which translated means he walked me home.
I did something on Friday but my mind as forgot- but I do know that I was out for my walk. I try to walk some where everyday when the weather is nice.
Yesterday I walked down and checked out our new drugstore which actually sells groceries also. That really amazed me- to find a milk isle in the drug store- it is big and seems very nice. I found some honey and bread and so Dogman and I had toast and honey today. It is closer for me to walk too than the regular grocery store so will be nice in the winter- some things are higher priced and some are not. I will go to both depending on the weather and what I need.
It took me nearly a year to get to the point of walking down town without dear papa- I was so used to him being with me that I did not even know how to put the money in the cart slot to get a cart- here most of the stores have carts but you have to pay up first and then once you are done and put the cart back in the proper area- your money comes back to you.
Our first father's day with out papa here on earth but he had his first father's day with his Lord. He has been a father for 50 years now. I miss him and yet, I cannot ask for more of him from the Lord. David is at peace now with no pain or sorrow-- his kids gave him much sorrow because of drugs- he does not have to look and hope and pray for them anymore- that has been passed to me- sigh--My step daughter called last night- she has not called since the funeral day- she was too ashamed as she had gone back on cocaine- sigh- she said she is off right now- pray - please- I do not want to be around anyone who is into drugs and I am not interested in rehabilitating anyone either. We did try that and it did not work but I can still love her and pray-
Must go as I did say this was a short note--LOL
double hugs for all my friends- from Meme

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Dear Meme,

You and your family are in my prayers. I will especially pray for all of them to be able to resist the lure of drugs.

messymimi