Wednesday, June 10, 2009

When the time is right...

my bedroom is looking pretty cozy and meme like
there are many things in here that papa hubby gave me
and also things that we shared together...
papa was a tool man so he seldom had a lot of
his things in here- our closets are too small to
fit both on us in---so he used the spare room closet
and I used my/our room for my clothes-
the sweaters we shared were in his closet
so the closet did not require any changes-
I found one of his tools called a plainer(sp)
which is hand held and small so I am using it for
a book end. I like it as he used it often while
making his canes......so lots of DNA
I can still only do so much at a time and
only deal with certain things yet.
But I am moving forward step by step
because I know that is what papa hubby
asked me to do. He was very strong spoken that
the things he left behind are of this world
and that I am to take care of myself.
Because of my health I know that this house
is too much for me to deal with and that
I will have to move in a couple of years.
I know that I need to start the steps......
in order to be able to complete this
before I have to leave here.
It is sad to know that I will be letting
our home go but it is also exciting to know
that I can make a new home for Meme.
It takes time to remove the detachments of papa
hubby's things because it is hard to remind me
that these are now my things and if I keep them all
I am the one responsible.
The wonderful thing is that papa is not missing
his things- or noticing his things going- or wants his things to
be kept for him. I know that he has his treasures in heaven
from Jesus- no pain- no suffering- no tears- no sadness
and he is not alone- He is with his Lord and Savior who
taught us all to not store our treasures on earth
for they will rust and turn to dust.
God's treasures are eternal.
God will give me and you strength to do
what needs to be done when the time is right.
God is our time keeper.
Wait for the Lord..........Psalm 27:14

1 comment:

Denise said...

tough decisions are always better when shared with the Father that loves you so......... sounds like your baby steps are just enough.. No need to rush....... time is just that, time..... Hope you are well, I have been gone a while but have found time to come back and visit a while....