Sunday, June 7, 2009

that dear granddaughter

yesterday the grand daughter was off to see family on her birth
dad's side--sometimes I get confused so I do wonder how she keeps
every one in her mind.
she came home before mid night which means Oma was still
up and had not turned into a pumpkin--LOL.
now for some reason she kept tempting me away from
my room - but I kept coming back-
and she kept tempting me with things she needed or needed done
and as it was getting closer to midnight-
Oma finally fell for the
maid for a minute or two........
.Oma knows when to give up....in...over...
so off I went to do maid duty and
suddenly I hear strange noises in my room and as
noises are generally not found in my room and
as I have completed the maid for a minute job.....
(which took more minutes than I planned )
I return to discover my grand daughter standing
on a stool in a rather strange position
and in some danger according to Oma-- but I
look up to see that she had put some words
on my wall - all in fancy letters- first
done on a special machine and then put on
where ever one wants them to go and
well no, Oma did not cry......
I saved the tears for later......because this is what the words
say.....
JESUS LOVES YOU
GOD BLESS YOU
SEE YOU IN THE MORNING
LOVE PAPA
these were the words that papa hubby always
closed the day with ......either tucking g'kids into bed
or going to his bed at night,
even the cancer could not take all the words
from him as he would struggle for breath
to finish.......
She has them displayed so that when I lay
down at night or wake up in the morning
I will see the words from his heart.
God bless my Miss Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful gesture by Ashley.