Monday, January 5, 2009

RESTORING JOY

RESTORING JOY
As I talk about my new year I must say
that I am not talking of joy as the world sees joy and
happiness
instead I am choosing to start restoring my
JOY IN THE LORD
I will still be in grief for papa hubby
and I will still mourn
and none of those blessed feelings I had/have for him will change
I will simply follow the Lord 's timing
in the restoration of joy that He has for me
I know that the Lord needs me in a ministry
for Him
my ministry was in encouragement and
cheerfulness of life
and I do not feel that is to change
at this time
and so
I need to start to rebuild my broken world
no- it does not mean that Meme
will be a party girl or
be a pollyanna ( always looking at the bright side)
or anything of the world's fake joy
I know that it will be a struggle
and some days I will fall down
but I know who will pick me up again
I know the Mastor's voice
I will find joy in tears and in laughter
like today....
- I was using papa's flashlight
that his friend gave a few years ago
you shake it up and down
and it gives you light
and I noticed that it is called
Eternity Flashlight and I was
immediately reminded of where David is
and also gave me a laugh when
I realized he did not take with him-
heheheehe
I think my restoring joy will be like
the flashlight- it will need to be shaken
up and down before it will work
I found this little saying
from an unknown author
which I will share tonight
---
Grief is not a mountain to be climbed,
with the strong reaching the summit
long before the weak.
Grief is not an athletic event,
with stop watches timing our progress.
Grief is a walk through loss and pain
with no competition and no time trials.
double Hugs from Meme

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

Once again you inspire me dear Meme. I hope that each day of this new year will get easier for you. I think that making it though December was like getting over a great hurdle in the path of your journey.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I hope that today is a good one for you. Love, Lura