Tuesday, April 21, 2009

checking in....

I am getting behind on bloggingbut I have been enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.
I am doing ok
I did not think I would ever be ok again but I am......
.the grief is quiet for now.
I remember when our kids were little and how at the age of two they would want to be to independent but every once in a while they would suddenly cling
to us even if they knew we were just leaving the room
and would return.....
and trying to untangle a two year old who has decidedto hang on to a leg was no small feat--
- and I remember how I would bend down and pick them up and hold them and reassure them that mama loved them and would not go away -
and that is how this grief is----
I know Jesus is with me
but sometimes I have to just hang on to Him for dear life
as if He was going to leave the room with out me and He
does bend down and pick me up and hold me and love me and reassure me-
that He is my comforter and shepherd
and we will go or not go together.........
.He loves me and you......
and that is enough for me-
have a wonder week and I will try to report in with a tale or two--
hugs from Meme

4 comments:

judycolby said...

I'm glad you're in a more peaceful place at the moment.

♥Mimi♥ said...

You have all the tools you need right now to manage your grief. God, in His wisdom, gives us all we need to endure whatever life decides to toss our way.

I understand your thoughts about waiting for God to tell you what to do; however, He gave you health, a roof over your head, children, grandchildren, food, clothing, and even a computer and the internet to reach out to other people in cyberspace.

You have each and every tool you need right now at this very moment to help you climb out of your depression. It is your choice if you do or not.

I know that I may sound harsh; however, I have dealt with the death of one of my children. I know someone else who just lost her adult child who is doing the very best she can with what she has as a Christian knowing that God has a plan for every life.

One of the best things anyone can do when they feel depressed is to volunteer helping people who are needy, homeless, dying of cancer. Also, keeping busy even if it's just cleaning a closet or baking bread or writing letters...something that occupies the mind to divert thoughts away from the sadness.

Believe it or not. The choice is entirely yours and yours alone. God has already given you all you need to overcome the loss of your husband just as He gave me all I needed to overcome the loss of my child and Becky to work through the loss of her son...a son she lost less than three months ago.

Sometimes we can talk ourselves into being sad and lonely and depressed by the mere fact that we are inactive.

I am so very sorry that you lost your husband, but you had a wonderful marriage that produced children and grandchildren. Those other people in your life need you. They need you to be a part of their lives and you can't do that fully if you are immersed in your pain.

Denise said...

Peace I give , not as the peace of the world...... I am so glad that you are this moment at peace... Those moment will come more often I am sure..... I have only been reading your blog for a few months so I have no idea when you lost your precious DH...... I am sorry for your loss, and praying that the Father stay close by to hold you as your heart heals..... We grieve but not as others grieve.... We will see our love ones again....

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Peace has to be one of the greatest gifts God can give us, but so often we don't see it as such. It only takes a look at so many around us and see the LACK of peace there is in their hearts, and we realize that we have something very special! It's true, we do often cling to our Heavenly Father as a child does to the leg of a parent. But I'm sure when we are there, He is smiling at our level of trust in Him that we would actually do that.

It's great to follow you through all this, and I always feel blessed when I go away from your blog! Thank you!

Cora