Friday, April 3, 2009

standing still

  • I am at a place in my grief where I am standing still
  • I am waiting on the Lord to show me what way to go
  • I am beyond the pain of
  • missing papa hubby and I am
  • letting go of needing him
  • but letting
  • go is difficult so that is why I am standing still
  • waiting for my Shepherd to lead me
  • I can let go of papa's personal things
  • because I know he is healed-
  • no more glasses and no more
  • back braces
  • no more clothes-
  • or canes or shoes or walkers -----
  • no more pills or pic lines or chemo
  • or morphine bags attached to his frail body
  • no more cancer-
  • no more carrying hime
  • no more not walking
  • no more anything because
  • papa hubby is healed-
  • my heart is still broken and I know that the Lord
  • will mend me- and although cracks will remain
  • I will be used by Him
  • I need restoration and I know that He will
  • restore me-
  • the Lord is my hope
  • the Lord is my shepherd
  • who now he has his friend ''papa''
  • and He has made him whole
  • hugs from Meme

2 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

My dear, your reactions and feelings right now are soooo. . . . normal! Not a nice word when YOU are the one going through it, but it is still true! You and your husband were ONE for so long, and you have been torn in half, so to speak. Your growth thus far has been amazing as the Lord as worked with you and walked with you, and you have been such a blessing to so many as you have shared the depth of your heart. But you are at a point now where there is so much more of YOU beginning to come out, and sometimes that isn't what you really want. Part of you wants to hold on to the "we", the "us", and "our", etc. The other part is growing into "me", "my", and "mine." It's like a new pair of shoes that just doesn't feel right, and you want to push them to the back of the closet and wear the old ones. Continue to take each day as it comes, walk close to your Lord, keep your eyes fixed on Him, and you will find your way. If grief is lost for a while, He will replace it with something better. If it comes back again, embrace it, learn from it, and once again, take another step forward. You are such a dear one, so tender and loving! You will find your way today, I'm sure!
Cora

Denise said...

Your words are so touching...... I have no idea of the path that you are traveling so I cannot say I understand. I believe that your sweet husband is healed and well and happy.. He is whole and walks streets that we can only dream of.... I will pray for you tonight that the sorry grows less and as you stand still HE will direct your path..