Sunday, April 26, 2009

A NEW WEEK

  • I have had a good week
  • keeping my peace with hope
  • but peace is not with out sorrow
  • I went up stairs this week and began
  • to take papa hubby's world on earth
  • apart-
  • this is difficult as he was such a hobby man
  • wood work - hockey cards- comic books- rocks
  • and anything else that took up his time
  • plus a lot of etc. :-)
  • he enjoyed these things and also was a keeper
  • and it is difficult to sort through his treasures
  • and decide what to toss and what to keep and
  • what to give away-
  • He made beautiful diamond willow walking sticks
  • and canes from scratch- he cut the trees -dried them
  • and peeled the bark and etc- it is quite an interesting
  • hobby and requires hard work and patience--
  • the cancer came so fast and so hard that he
  • never had the time to organize or clean up his things
  • and he fussed about that but I assured that all
  • was well and that I could do it for him later
  • it is later now and he no longer has need of
  • his earth treasures but I am glad that he had them
  • he used to drink in bars and was a bit on the wild side
  • and then in 1972 he came home and said that he
  • was not going to drink anymore as he could see how it
  • was hurting me and he never did!!
  • he just quit and asked
  • God to replace his alcohol with something else and
  • God did and He gave papa hubby a love for nature -
  • He could find pictures in rocks and wood-
  • He make rings and things with the rocks after
  • he cut them and polished them and
  • he just knew how to pick out the art of God
  • so now as I go through his things I find treasures too
  • a lot I will give to family members- no matter the value
  • things are things on earth and heaven is coming
  • I think of being on this side of heaven and papa
  • hubby is on the other side and our love
  • is eternal-
  • what a wonderful thing to know the plans that
  • God has for each us-
  • hugs from Meme

1 comment:

Denise said...

this is beautiful..... I am glad that he left those bars and replaced that energy with some hobbies......What a beautiful story of the Grace of God...... Glad that you are ready to deal with his earthy things...... knowing that now he has many heavenly things to keep him busy.......

Living with hope..... That is what Jesus came to give us...