Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Clearing out

  • this year's spring cleaning is really a clearing out
  • it is hard to imagine how many things a couple
  • will hang on to and now that I am alone
  • the things- have less meaning
  • so I have been busy clearing out =
  • papa hubby was a keeper of things
  • and he often kept them in various places
  • so I run into things all the time
  • some times it is a good find
  • like yesterday finding a special silver dollar
  • from the royal canadian mint- 2006
  • complete in case and unopened
  • made of fine silver
  • it is to celebrate something but I
  • can not guess what and I do not want to dig
  • it out of the case right now - need gloves for that
  • that was papa hubby's rule--LOL
  • then to day I found that we paid all our household
  • bills in 2000 - so I shredded them with no gloves
  • I found a quote also but with no author
  • I will share it with you as I think that it
  • applies well to my new life
  • LORD, PLEASE GIVE ME COURAGE AND STRENGTH TO WALK ALONE, SO I MAY TURN EACH STUMBLING BLOCK INTO A STEPPING STONE.
  • I am doing that as I move in this journey- some days I stand still--
  • some days I fall down- some days I get up and some days I take a step
  • but I always stay with my SHEPHERD-
  • I will continue to clear out as I move along this journey
  • have a wonder filled day tomorrow
  • and pause for a moment to tell someone
  • you love- that you love them and give them
  • a meme hug
  • huggles from Meme

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank you for sharing the quote today. Having just lost mother and being on this journey to diagnose Nalley, some days are harder to get through without crying that others. I try to remain strong for him. I know the Lord is with me through it all. I have been cleaning closets and drawers also. I have a big load to take to Goodwill when it is not so windy. With time, it is easier to let go of some of the material things. Have a nice day.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

What a beautiful post today! I, too, feel that somedays I just stand still, others I fall down, etc. But He is always there, isn't He?! It's so good to watch you getting stronger day by day!
Cora