Sunday, April 5, 2009

Coffee with Papa

  • before papa hubby became sick in December of 200
  • we would have a special coffee time
  • together each day- French vanilla instant cappuccino-
  • it was sort of like a date-
  • it was a nice time of day for us to just share this and that--
  • after he came home from the hospital with cancer
  • we still had our coffee once a day-
  • papa David was not able to drink the whole cup anymore but he loved
  • the bubbles (foam) and I would share my bubbles with him-
  • even his last few days he was able to have his bubbles
  • but unable to drink the coffee
  • as he had difficulty swallowing.
  • after he passed away when I went to the store they were out
  • of our coffee---
  • there were other brands but this was the special brand that
  • he and I enjoyed together
  • it has been out of stock since last Augest-
  • and today when I was with Ashley we found some-
  • yes- the same brand and the same price :-)
  • I came home and it was so nice to sit down and enjoy
  • a cup of our coffee and also tell Ashley the bubble story
  • it was a happy memory and I enjoyed the coffee
  • and even though, he is not here to share the bubbles
  • I had a blessing in the heart-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story you shared today. It is the simple memories that become so treasured, isn't it? So glad you finally were able to get the "special" coffee and share your story with Ashley. I hope as you enjoy each cup, you can reminisce about Papa and all your special moments shared. God bless.