Thursday, February 26, 2009

lent and me

we never did lent at the churches I attended and it
is still hard for me to understand
I did decide to give up chocolate
but some how this seemed rather a semi choice
as I cannot eat chocolate often due
to my h.hernia and ulcers
so I just did not think this was
really a lent choice that was a gift to the Lord
but last night I was
looking through my books to find
somethiing to ponder on
and I found my book
on 40 days to a more grateful heart
and I knew that was what God wanted from me
so although I will stick with the chocolate
I am going to do this book as it is also
a study book
I will share some things now and then
that the Lord is teaching me
one thing that grief and depression takes from us
is our grateful hearts as we tend
to focus on what we lost rather than what
is happening day to day now
I know longer think of papa hubby as someone I lost
as I know where he is..
yes, I miss him and yes, my grief remains
but now I want to find the joy that
is in my sorrow
I will share as often as I can

Hugs and Blessings,
from
Meme aka Oma (papa's wife)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to you sharing the book.