Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Missionary grandma

  • Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes grandmother
  • I am a grandmother raising Miss Ashley
  • I had the honor of watching her born
  • the hospital room that her mother labored in--
  • is the room her dear papa was in - when the angels came
  • life and death in a room
  • papa hubby recorded her heart beat before her birth
  • we found the tape which is now nearly 19 years old
  • but we are worried about using it with out getting
  • some way to record again at the same time just
  • in case the tape breaks- from age-
  • Miss Ashley is in love.......engaged to the boy
  • who is a friend and will have her wedding day in 2010
  • on papa hubby and my anniversary date
  • this is such an honor to me and the memory of papa
  • papa would be going to the moon with joy
  • and he would take me with him-LOL
  • she lives with me as that is the way it has to be
  • the issues of why are too complex to share
  • I am old and tired but I also know that our/mine
  • mission is to teach this child/woman to be
  • a woman of God
  • she is learning..........
  • I think all grandmas are missionaries
  • there is so much in this world that is already
  • teaching our next generations that bad is good
  • that we must stand with our grandchildren......
  • how things turn out is in God's hands and I
  • am glad He is using me to touch one life
  • --------------
  • huggles from Meme who maybe feels older than she is--(grin)

3 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Do you know you bless my heart when I come to visit. The way you express your words from your heart I can feel each one as I read with my own heart. Your grandaughter is blessed to have you in her life and I know she feels the same way about you. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Hugz Lorie

Anonymous said...

How blessed Miss Ashley is to have you and what an honor that she chose your and Papa's anniversary date to marry. This next year holds a lot of special moments for you two to share.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I agree with Lori! I am always so blessed when I come here! What a special granddaugter --- to have a grandmother who knows her mission! I would have loved to learn all the lessons of womanhood at my grandmother's feet!!!! She was so talented and knew so much, but I never had that opportunity!
Bless you!!!! Cora