Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ABC Blessings * A



  • an old picture of Dogman sun tanning --He was getting ready to help papa hubby weed-whip.
  • My brain has gone to alpha-bites--LOL

  • and I was thinking off different items in the house

  • that are blessings that I see and and yet, some how

  • do not see----------

  • I enjoyed the letter V unglazed that

  • so many of us did yesterday.

  • I think everyone had a different V that

  • they expressed in writing and pictures.

  • I am going to have to work on the letter U

  • but for today I will list some A blessings-

  • that seem plain and simple but blessings

  • are never plain and simple when we

  • see them as blessings.

  • ----------------

  • A is for

  • applesauce


  • I remember mama making applesauce in the early fall- she used the crab apple

  • which by its self can be quite tart and slightly bitter but with a some

  • sugar added, it became a nice fruit and dessert -

  • we would pour it over toast and then eat our special breakfast

  • with a knife and fork. She added a touch of vanilla and a bit of butter

  • to the sauce when she took it off the stove.

  • Now I buy those little fruit cups in the store-

  • where we live they are less expensive than the apple

  • and provide me with vitamin C and Dogman loves to

  • clean out the near empty cup and pack it around all day-

  • I have an unconscious rule to leave just a little

  • so he does not work for nothing.LOL
  • huggles from Meme and Dogman too.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

It makes me smile to think of Dogman, nose in a fruit cup, then walking around with it, like a child with a well loved toy.

I hope both of you have a blessed day.

Dorothy said...

Love that applesauce! I like to put a little cinnamon in mine. We raised apples when I was a kid and we canned, dried, made apple jelly and every other way you could think of to preserve them. I still love apples.

Anonymous said...

My mama loved those little cups of applesauce better than anything. I like reading about your home-made applesauce - I bet that was so flavorful. I bet Dogman gets a little sticky with his nose in the cup! Harriet loves to lick the last drop of coffe in my cup in the morning!