Friday, August 14, 2009

an alphabet night B*




  • another a blessing in my life is bread

  • I did bake bread for us but now with me

  • it seems easier to buy bread

  • and I found this wonderful whole grain bread

  • at a new store in town- the loaf is huge so I

  • have to split it in 3 and the good news is that I

  • can get the teen - age girl to eat it also-

  • it does cost more but when you figure out the weight

  • and size it is comparable to the white fluff--

  • mama always baked bread and I have never got

  • used to the sliced white air bread =

  • I know a lot of folks like the idea that bread

  • comes sliced and ready to go........but I grew

  • up with home made bread that we sliced one

  • piece at a time-
  • daddy taught me how to hold the loaf and slice-

  • once winter comes and it will come to Alberta-

  • I will bake again and I found some neat small

  • bread pans down stairs--( my basement is like a

  • thrift store) that I can now use ......again.

  • I have the bread machine too but only use

  • it for mixing as I love oven baked bread.

  • my hands are too arthritic to mix by hand

  • so the machine is another blessing.

  • as I have been considering my things

  • as blessings, I have found that I enjoy

  • the never-ever ending care more.

  • and I am now sharing some of these blessings

  • with others as I no longer need them.

  • I do not have a picture of bread tonight
  • but I know that each of your homes
  • are blessed with daily bread=
  • have a wonder filled week end
  • hugs from Meme

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Sara Lee honey wheat bread. Sometimes for a light meal, I eat it with a little butter. I have always been interested in a bread machine but have never seen one in use. My grandma always baked yeast rolls and her house smelled so good. Thanks for the good memories of bread baking. See you for A-Z with Jen.

Dorothy said...

Hi Oma,
Like you, I use the bread machine for mixing and then take it to the oven to bake. Also, I do my rolls that way. I don't make bread or rolls as often as I would like, simply because I would eat way too much of it! Hope you have a good new week!
Dorothy