Thursday, August 6, 2009

Favorite things

  • I think that I will do some blogs
  • on favorite things that I enjoy.
  • no special order or timing
  • but mainly wanting to share
  • some of the blessings that the Lord has given to me.
  • they are just ordinary things that add joy to my life.
  • my electric blanket:
  • I am a cold person and this blanket is a warm blessing for me.
  • It is a soft light green, polyester, and soft.
  • It is the size of afghan so is easy to fold up
  • and pack from room to room.
  • This blanket and I have shared a lot of naps
  • together- it has a timer so Meme does not over cook-
  • and this blanket kept papa hubby warm
  • when he was a home with cancer-
  • It reminds me of how the Lord covers me
  • in times of cold and weariness
  • His love is soft and warm.
  • He covers me with His love.
  • and watches over me while I sleep.
  • ''Come to me, all you are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.''
  • Matthew 11:28 NIV

3 comments:

messymimi said...

Lovely thoughts, Meme, from someone who also gets cold very easily.

Hugs,
messymimi

Anonymous said...

I am very cold natured too. Sometimes after lunch with iced tea, I snuggle with an old, worn blanket and it feels so comforting. Sounds like you have a very special blanket too Meme. I love this verse that you have shared. Sometimes it is hard to just choose ONE favorite thing at a time to be thankful for, isn't it? There is so much to be grateful for that the Lord has blessed us with. Hope you are having a restful day.

Connie said...

This is a wonderful post. I enjoyed this. Hello from Daisy. Hope you have a great week. :)