Sunday, August 30, 2009

sneaking in late

  • I have just been, well not here, LOL
  • however tomorrow I have to come with an S word-
  • so I will make sure that I get a good sleep
  • and then sort out something sensible--(wink)
  • not sure how the week slipped by so fast
  • but I am ok---
  • I did go to a funeral for an good friend
  • to papa hubby and I on Friday-
  • he too died with cancer
  • I did see some old friends there
  • and also David's sister came and sat
  • with me so it was full of good memories too.
  • and then I saw one of our old pastor's
  • from a little pentecostal church where
  • we used to go before we were planted at the Nazarene church
  • both are lovely God filled churches and we only
  • moved with prayer as we needed a Sunday school for our grand-kids
  • as we took them every week- ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • but back to the pastor- he did not know that papa graduated
  • from his earthly life-
  • so we had a sad but nice visit and
  • I have to say that this is the first church function
  • that I have attended since papa hubby's death
  • where I did not look for papa-
  • it was a sad occasion and yet I felt free of a burden
  • that I have carried since July 21- 2008
  • pray for widow Betty as she begins her journey of grief-
  • off to see if I can sleep on a S word
  • and fix a tale for you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I will remember Betty in prayer. I hope that it was some comfort to see your pastor friend and talk with him. I hope you are sleeping well and that you'll join us with an "S" word.

messymimi said...

Hugs to you and your friend, I will also pray for Betty.

Please don't feel you have to apologize for the times you do not or cannot post -- this journal is supposed to be your servant, not your master. Use it only when you need to.

Hugs,
messymimi

Jen said...

Hugs to you Oma

Anonymous said...

9/7/09 Just wanted to stop in and say "hello." We miss hearing from you and hope you are doing ok. Could you give us an update when it is convenient? Sending hugs to you from Georgia.