Friday, August 7, 2009

Finding the Mary in me..........


  • Martha, Martha, thou
  • careful and troubled about many things. But one thing is needful; and Mary hath chosen that good part.......Luke 10: 41,42
  • --------------confession from Meme---------
  • I suffer from busyness- I am always doing something and always have something to do
  • and often run out of time to finish everything and fall into bed too tired to do anything
  • to tired to do my devotion
  • too tired to pray
  • too tired to hear His voice
  • too tired sometimes to sleep =
  • too busy and too tired!
  • our daily life can do that to us- we fill our homes with things but things get dirty or used or moved and so we need to take care of things.
  • but lately I have no energy to do all the things on the list in my mind
  • and I have been burned out for double days now
  • and just having to rest and there is no energy left to burn
  • and the Lord is reminding me that the blessings He gave to me were never meant
  • to become burdens---or a replacement for His friendship=
  • I need to find the Mary in me-- I need to sit down and have idle hands
  • and a quiet mind- I ask Jesus to come and then I leave Him to sit alone
  • in my heart and my house-
  • this is a not a new problem for Meme but now it is time for me to begin
  • to make changes so that I too can sit at His feet with out a do list in my head.
  • I have let the ordinary things of daily life take procedure over the Lord=
  • I ask for prayer to begin again as a friend of Jesus who takes the time
  • to hear His voice. A friend who will sit and listen- a friend who is glad to have
  • His company.
  • Forgive me, Lord for my busyness- Teach me to be still - both mind and body-
  • Love from Meme

5 comments:

messymimi said...

This is one area where we can pray for each other, dear friend.

Though we live so far from each other, and have never met in real life, we have much in common, for I am this way, too.

Hugs and Prayers,
messymimi

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers today dear friend. I look forward to your A-Z "V" post tomorrow!

Cassie said...

Nice. This is what we all should pray for, right?

Dorothy said...

In Nov. of 2004 I became a widow, too. I feel your pain, but I asure you that God will heal you in His own time and He has great plans just for you!! I went through my years of pain, also, but God had plans for me and when I prayed sincerely and opened myself to His will, He blessed me with more blessings than I could every imagine. No, I didn't win the lottery or gain a lot of material wealth, but now my life is full of Love, Happiness, Freedom and Hope. Visit my blog at Counting My Blessings and read my profile. I will pray for you and I hope that you will find the "Mary" within yourself.
Dorothy

Connie said...

We all need to allow time to just sit still and listen to what it is that God wants to tell us. I know what you mean about always being too busy. We have to make the listening and meditating and prayer a priority. Happy Monday to you. :)