Sunday, September 21, 2008

2 months with the Father

today is papa's graduation date for his first two months with his Jesus-
so I thought I would say a thank you for the blessings from God who gave his only Son so that because papa David believed in Him he has eternal life-

I surely do miss him daily and often think of his kindness=
He had a heart of service and was always willing to go an extra
mile - he was such a good dad, and grand dad and even snuck in
the great grandpa
---
here today we had some rain and the sky has been grey all day- or is that gray?
the g'kid and I walked to church today and heard the bells ringing from a neighbor hood church- it was such a blessing to listen to them and remind
us in hearing of God's love-
we had a quiet day as both of us have off tummies but we did manage to eat and
the boy who is a friend hung around all day.......the kids did not go any where so
Oma read in her room- not that they are a bother or miss behave but some how
their energy makes me tired- the dog runs back and forth following them
knowing that chips will fall where he can pick them up-
we seldom need to vacuum due to crumbs as Dogman lives to clean/eat- he is
not pleased with clean children--LOL
our grand daughter is 18 and has been a great blessing to both hubby and I during our journey with cancer.....she hung in with us through the good and bad-
I was reading this afternoon that suggested that we make a list of a 100 things that we are grateful to the Lord for that we often take for granted so stay tuned- I would do it tonight but I thought I would like to do it in pencil first and just take the time to also thank the Lord for each one- and of course, we would make more than one list.........or just continue the list-maybe make a whole book/journal - some thing to work on-----
huggles me, Meme aka Oma

3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

You are such a dear...your posts bless my life...that is why I introduced you in my post today to my blog readers. I hope that is o.k.

I know that each day is a challenge as you face it without your husband but I am sure that you are comforted by your faith. I think that it is wonderful that you find peace and joy in the little things.

I hope that you have a good day today my blog friend.

Grandma B said...

Dear Oma...please know you are in my thoughts. My husband has Pulmonary Fibrosis, so know our time is drawing short. I love him with all my heart. I dread the day we won't be together, so now we spend as much time together as we can. I don't mind picking up...those things are so small...know you are in my thoughts, and please visit me sometime..the door of my blog is alwasys open LOL

Juri said...

My sister mentioned your blog and I thought I would come check it out....I have now finished a cup of coffee and read so many of your wonderful posts! I love the honesty of your grief! I know the sadness and lonliness of losing someone we love (two of my children died very young)...and the only thing that kept me going was the promise that I will see them again and that they were in a far better place than I! But grief is a lonely emotion, isn't it? Thanks for sharing!

Juri