Wednesday, September 17, 2008

another day

  • filled with sunshine and a slight breeze but still warm enough to walk to the library and here and there with only a sweater
  • did a few house chores but nothing major- tomorrow is a new day and perhaps I will get more done then- or perhaps not (smile)
  • did do the g'gals sweaters and work top- she bribes me by saying that no one can wash like Oma
  • I went for a coffee with one of papa David's brothers and he is going to get copies of a picture of dear hubby so I can give the brothers and sisters a good photo of papa
  • I miss papa and often find things still here that remind him of me- today my sweater was poking me and I found one of papa's toothpicks had woven itself into the material but hidden enough to feel but not see- papa was a tooth pick man and often would be seen with a toothpick in his mouth
  • of course, he kept spare ones in his shirt pockets and sometimes they would end up in the dryer - to sneak into my clothes-
  • He would have had a good laugh about this day
  • huggles me, Meme aka Oma

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

I bet your hubby was smiling from above when his toothpick gave you a little jab. I bet he was saying "Hi, sweethearth...I'm still near by and will always be with you"

You posts touch my heart...it must be so hard for you as you go about your daily activities and smile...life goes on ...but many don't notice your amputated part or see the struggle and effort it takes to keep going.

I feel for you and pray for you to keep finding the strengh you need to carry on and be happy again. Your positive attitude and sweet posts are an inspiration.
Hugs, Grammy Lura