Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday hugs

Saturday night at our house used to be full or filled with grand kids until papa got too sick to have so many over nighters- we did have a couple of nights for him but we could see that it was too hard for him-----he was a wonderful Papa and is sadly missed- he took one grand daughter to church for 18 years and then as her sisters came along they too went...... they know where dear papa is and are at peace with his going to Jesus-- one describes it as Papa shaking hands with God and he is safe-
Now the Saturday nights are over for the most part although one of the grand kids now lives with me.....it is easier for her to work at her job as her little town has no jobs for her......
we will do more Saturday nights and although they will never be the same we will find joy and have a new tradition to build-
must go and get off to bed as morning comes too soon- sometimes--
good night from my house to yours
huggles me, Meme

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Hi Oma. I found your link on Angie's page. I am sorry to hear that you lost your husband. Thank goodness for the Gospel which gives us the hope of being together again. (((hugs)))

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Oma,
Your posts touch me deeply and make me appreciate my life with my husband so much more...I always appreciate him...but your post gives me added insight.

I plan to tell others about you and your blog in my Sunday Six today. I know my other readers will love getting to know you and benefit from the love and courage that shows in each of your posts. I hope that is o.k. with you. Let me know if it is not.

Like Marie (be sure you go to Marie's post...I know you will love it as I do) ...I send you hugs. Lura