Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WINNING WEDNESDAY

We used to have a day at our local grocery store
called winning Wednesday- it came the first Wednesday of
the month and you always got 10 percent off plus a chance
to win the money back on what you spent that day-
but really in life we have winning Wednesdays every day- we have
so much to be thankful even in sorrow= all things are given to us
from the Lord-
I remember papa David being so thankful for chemo even with
the side effects that he had to suffer through- chemo days for us
were fun because it was the one day of the week where we had
some where to go.......he was too weak to make every day outings
and so as I make this list tonight--I will remember that there
is thankful things to trials.....
  • sleeping in-- something I enjoy doing now and then
  • library book club
  • a sunny walk
  • a light supper with the g'kid
  • the g'kid going out for a while- I like to see
  • her go places as I know she is coming back
  • g'kid coming back
  • the extraordinary in the ordinary days of our lives
  • good night and Lord, you are my shepherd--
  • huggles Meme aka Oma==

3 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

In the midst of a trial I am thankful for dear friends who will let me cry, for rainy days that look like I feel and for the sure knowledge that God will bring the sunshine back into my life when it's time. blessings, marlene

Oma aka Meme said...

YES, FRIENDS WHO LET US CRY ARE A BLESSING.........ANGELS WITH KLEENEX - HUGS OMA

Farmhouse Blessings said...

You have such a beautiful outlook to find joys even through sorrows. You are an inspiration.

Lea