Thursday, September 25, 2008

time off

I took a couple of days off which almost turned into three- it seems like
there is a lot to do in the fall- leaves here are coming down fast and now
the weatherman said we might get a dusting of snow- God must think
we are a cake.......
Last night, some one spray painted our church- I did not see the damage
as one of the board members cleaned it off but I washed all the windows- so now
my arm is tired- it is so sad to think that some one found fun in doing it -

number 2- on my long list is:
socks- I am so glad we have something to protect our feet from dust and dirt and keep us warm too- in Alberta we need socks at least 9 months out of the year--
I have all colors of socks as I decided white can be too boring- it is a great conversation piece if you have bright yellow or pink socks on-and it makes other people laugh---
I remember that papa had cold feet and his feet were so swelled he could not
wear his socks but I found some of mine that would really stretch out with out leaving marks and were soft and cozy- also very colorful with Christmas green and red- he loved his/my socks as they did not hurt his legs- Miss Ashley found a pretty pink pair of hers and he wore those too- the nice thing about cancer is that you can wear what ever you want and no one is going to challenge you or make fun of you-Cancer took a lot but not papa's sense of humor-
we laughed nearly every day over papa's feet in those socks instead of crying about the swelling - God gave us that laughter -
must go and find some socks for tomorrow's snow (wink)
huggles me, Meme

3 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I remember when I went to Prairie Bible Institute I just didn't have enough socks to keep my feet warm. Didn't matter how many pairs I put on, they were still cold. I remember being so shocked when we got our first snow in October! I loved it then --- young and full of adventure. I wondered where in Alberta you are compared to Three Hills?????

StitchinByTheLake said...

In the midst of hot flashes I still have cold feet - can't figure that out! Anyway I have discovered that I love wool socks. I buy them at the outdoor store where hikers shop and I wear them all the time. Warm but don't make your feet sweat - perfect! blessings, marlene

Grammy Staffy said...

It is so wonderful that you could find things to laugh at...like pink socks.... what a sweetheart you are.

I am glad that you can see God's blessings in spite of the pain you have had.

So sorry to hear about the vandalism at your church. I can never understand how someone can feel good about damaging someone elses property.

Have a good weekend. You are in my thoughts. I appreciate the good example you set for all of us blog readers.