Sunday, January 25, 2009

and the B is for......

  • BANANA- - we could not have a b with out a banana because when papa developed high blood pressure a few years ago and had to have a daily pill --his doctor suggested that he should have a banana to make up for lost potassium and David took the doctor's advice and had a banana every morning for breakfast- David did not have OCD except when it came to his daily banana and the last bite was always for Dogman
  • and that brings up the next B- Dogman's real name is Bootz - named , of course, by Papa-- Bootz was a dog we did not want-
  • simply because we did not want a dog but a strange(someone we did not know) lady came to our house with our daughters friend and said she was taking the dog to the shelter as he was annoying etc - sigh- and papa and I saw this little mop that no one wanted and said --we will take him and that was even after he peed on our couch- so 12 years ago we let this little dog into our home who looks like a cross between a feather duster and mop and the rest is history- now he had his house name- Bootz and his internet alias Dogman-It took a while for Bootz to trust us as he had been abused-but now he is top dog and still looks for his papa every time he goes out to his pee patch..
  • and no B is complete with out the boy who is a friend- when Miss Ashley brought him to our house the first time to meet Oma and Papa she said- he is not a boyfriend----although we certainly could see that there was more than meets the eye in her story- so I started calling him the boy who is a friend and that is who he is still is known as-------they are of course, now could be considered a couple according to how things are looking from my prospective-- his name is Andrew - 19 and she is 18 and together they make life interesting-----he cooks for her too which makes life even more interesting at our house-
  • I don't see much of me under the B-- but I do love God's word and have many Bibles to use in my favorite thing to do- Bible study.........
  • and I also have dear Hubby's bible where he has underlined every verse of every sermon he went to after he became a Christian- and he has many names written in his Bible for prayer- it is a precious record of his love for the Lord-
  • end of the B-EES ***************
  • looking forward to C on another day
  • HUGGLES FROM MEME

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

I am enjoying reading your A is for apple and B is for banana posts. I will be watching for C to come along.

I know that it must be very hard for you to have a testimony of Christ and his devine mission and not be able to have your family share that belief. I will pray that their hearts will be touched and the seeds planted at David's funeral will take root. Your faith and good example will be a good start for them.

I am always so touched by your post. My heart goes out to you. How I wish that we could be neighbors and could study the Bible together. How I wish that I could know you in person.

Maybe we will be able to meet one day. I am getting to meet my dear blog friend Marie from England in a couple of weeks. She is a wonderful, faithful person and I am so excited to get to meet her. Maybe I will be blessed to meet you too. I hope so.

Have a good day... and know that others care about you and are praying for you and your family out here in blog world. Love, Lura