Thursday, January 22, 2009

A IS FOR APPLE

A friend has a meme on her site http://maryswritingnook.blogspot.com/
I hope this is the correct way to tell you about her blog and her meme--
the questions and answers are nice to read and I enjoy her blog
..........I would tag you if I knew how or tag with Mary if I knew how too--LOL
___________________________
A ----is for apple- an apple is one of the most used fruit at our house- I remember mother baking us an apple on a cold winter's night to have a hot snack before bed-- and before papa hubby got too sick he ate an apple a day...it was his bed time snack- he ate them as an apple, well- really he and the dog know as Dogman shared but papa did the biting- LOL
and being a fellow he also loved apple pie-
I met papa over a piece of apple pie - he came into the cafe where I worked with my friend - who turned out to be his sister- she introduced us and the rest is history- I never did learn how to make a great apple pie --but I can bake an apple just like mama taught me--

When I think or eat apples I am reminded of many good memories- so not only are apples good for my health but my memory too-
I call them ''my memory fruit''.
A is Ashley--the grand daughter who lives at my house and keeps me company-
she mainly does her thing and I do mine and yes, they are quite different but we always end up together at the end of the day...she eats apples too but much different than my day- she cuts them into tiny squares and then dips them in strange smelling stuff--(grin)
Maybe another day I will do the letter B
I will use the same style rather than following a list of questions
hugs from Meme

2 comments:

Mary said...

Meme,

A wonderful post using the letter A and thanks for the linky love. (Where you linked back to my website) You did a fine job with this. I enjoyed reading it.

I remember Grandma baking apple pies in the oven of the old cookstove. They were delicious and picked from her own trees in the orchard. She always told us, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Apples are good for us because they have so much fiber.

Thanks for joining in the fun. I appreciate your friendship.

Blessings,
Mary

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Meme,
I just wanted to drop by and say hello, I also enjoyed reading your post today, you did a great job. My kitchen decor is apples and colors of red and green. I love warm apple pie with cold vanilla icecream .. Okay now I'm hungry!!

Hugz Lorie