Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A MEME MOMENT

it was six months ago today since papa hubby went to heaven
and I am ok..things have been tough but I made it this far...
I miss him but not in the same way as originally when the grief
came to live after he passed away I was so overwhelmed by
not having him there that
I just moved in a fog--
the fog is still here but it is lighter
and I can see the future with hope
one thing I found out for me
was that death is not the end of hope---
I have even moved to the point of throwing
things away that papa hubby
would have saved for ''someday''
He was a great saver of things and he
always had a vision for that thing
He loved doing wood-work and he could
not pass a lumber yard with out having a new vision
I am not upset of having to make the decisions
of disposing his stuff
-some to sell- some to toss
and some to give away to a person of vision
papa hubby is enjoying heavenly stuff
--but I will say that it is/ and will be a lot of work
Miss Ashley is a keeper too- of papa's things
so she is going to need a big storage unit--''grin''
and because papa hubby enjoyed his stuff I
am ok about the stuff
I am glad that it is here and stayed here for him
until that sweet-bitter day
some folks wanted me to clear out his things
while he was going through the shadow of death
until the angels came to carry him HOME
Another lesson in life is that what is a treasure
to some is junk to some one else
and now I am in the middle of stuff that
seems to me to be---junk but joy junk
and I will never regret having
to dispose-
papa hubby worried about the mess
he was leaving behind for me to deal with
but I told him that his stuff was my stuff
and they were
blessings of joy for his earthly journey
((I felt joy watching him
peel his diamond willow and turn into
beautiful walking sticks...and so on.....))
so now I need to regroup the houee
into a Meme household of simplicty
and I can not find too many was in decorating
with hammers and screwdrivers and scrollsaws-
and a lot of etc. boy stuff :-)
thank you for praying for me while I go unstuff :-)

huggles me, Meme

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going thru something like you with my mama's things. Things that brought her so much joy on earth. I had someone to share the Ricky Skaggs video "Somebody's Praying" with me yesterday. If you get a chance, google it. God bless you as you go thru this journey.

Robin Lambright said...

I think adjusting our lives after the loss of loved one is one of the most profound and difficult thngs a person can do. Last year my husband lost his brother and my best friend lost her sister. What follows are the year of first, first Christmas, first whatever was important to the loved one. With each passing day you have to re-learn how to live you life with out the one you love.
Your word will be a comfort not only to you but to so many others who may be going through the very same thing.

Blessings
Robin

Pink Princess said...

Hugs to you.

You read my blog and know I lost my momma and big brother just 4 months after eachother, so kinda "know" how you must be feeling.
It is a sad time, but also know they are with God now. My mom nor my brother were Christian, but they believed I am sure of that. My brother and I talked about it somewhat just after my mom passed away. My brother was a BIG man with a small heart and I was flabbergasted when he told me he prayed! I never knew nor did i realize he was a believer till that moment.

Again many hugs from the Netherlands ♥