Saturday, January 10, 2009

SOMETIMES.....

  • I do not feel like a widow- I feel like I am still papa's wife
  • I am not sure who ever coined the phrase''merry widow-''
  • but I do not feel merry and yet now I feel a peace
  • that what is now my new path of discovery
  • I now know that I can live alone
  • it is not easy
  • it is not fun
  • and it hurts most of the time
  • but
  • I am doing it......
  • I thank God for getting me this far on my journey
  • I now know that I was a good wife
  • who was there for papa hubby
  • in sickness and health
  • just as I know he loved me
  • and was there for me
  • in sickness and health
  • it is important for our younger generations
  • to understand that marriage is more than
  • just being in love
  • it is keeping Love- and vows
  • inside out and up side down
  • it is about yesterday and today and tomorrow
  • but how will they know
  • if we do not show them our love
  • that they can see and love
  • that they can hear........

hugs Meme who just wrote this blog with no spelling errors identified :-)

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

This is a wonderful post. Thanks for your thoughts.
Hugs. Ruthie

Grammy Staffy said...

You are a beautiful writer and such an inspiration to me and others.

I wish that all could understand what you said about marriage not being about falling in love....but keeping in love. That is so true.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that this will be a good week and you will get the rest that you need.

Love, Lura