Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the beginning of the end

am getting closer to the diagnosis date of David's cancer and I find that now I just want toget on with our story- I am telling the story from the ending to the beginning as I can only lookbackwards- all that has been happened has been said and done- I find that I need to hurry nowas I feel his story is bursting frommy heart-It is a story that needs to be told for my healing and also perhaps it will help someone else someday not suffer what we did-Soon there will be hard things said here that will be a shock to read and you will wonderhow in a rich country like Canada where we all have the freedom to medical care and also some of the best medical care in the world that someone could be allowed to die from not only cancer but mistakes-Some of you will question why I do not take David's case to court and the one simple reason is that David forgave all the doctors and the blunders and he accepted them as God's will. And now so do I- this was a difficult decision to make for both of us but we kept saying that God was in control and the Lord was our shepherd- We realized that we could not have it both ways - if we believe that God is /was in control then we had to accept the good, the bad and the ugly-In our province we cannot sue anyone or use the information in court if we forgive- it is in the fine print that most of us do not read-LOLDavid knew that his life was heading towards his death and he did not want any weights of unforgivenness pulling him down- all he wanted was his story told and something to be done to make sure that this medical treatment and care does not continue to happen- I will be sharing this story next year with our minister of health in our province with the idea that he can help make changes -there will be no enquiry but he is willing to hear-so know that so I shall be righting some tough stuff but also there are many blessings whichLord bestowed on us during our cancer walk-pray for me as I need strength telling and also grieving-I can and will do this to honor papa David-

No comments: