Wednesday, October 8, 2008

do not be discouraged


  • one of the things that I prayed about when starting this blog was:

  • was that I did not want to discourage any one because

  • of David's death-from his cancer

  • it is important because many people have cancer now and they

  • are struggling with the diagnosis and chemo and or radioation etc

  • and learning to live with cancer

  • I want you to know that David did live with his cancer

  • and we always spoke of him as living with cancer rather than

  • dying with cancer-

  • his cancer was not discovered until he was in stage 4 plus and

  • involved his pancrease - upper bowel and stomach and there

  • was no surgery that could be done to remove the cancer as

  • the surgery -in it self- would have killed him immediately

  • also his cancer was too extended for radioation and
  • he could only have pallitive chemo as normal chemo could

  • not decrease the cancer but the palliative chemo

  • could possibley slow the speed and spread of the cancer down

  • the doctors could give him no hope but

  • we had hope in the Lord with the promise of eternal life

  • and as you will see in later posts that the Lord

  • blessed David indeed=

  • I pray that anyone with cancer who reads this
  • blog will remember that........

  • he did not die in vain or with out hope

  • keep your hope as many cancers are healed and do not give

  • up your treatments or your hope-
  • God was in control and walked with us through the valley
  • he gave us nearly 42 years together and left us with memories
  • to hold that I want to share with you....
  • yes, I cry and rage at times and my joy is painful
  • but I know that God had a purpose for every day that He
  • gave to David
  • we believed that God could heal David and when he did not we
  • still believed God
  • we did cry and beg and promise God many times but we always
  • asked God according to His will-
  • so please remember that cancer is also a beginning and death is not
  • the end
  • I love you- friends
  • and I thank you for walking with me
  • it is so good to know that I am not walking alone
  • huggles me, Meme aka Oma

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Just found your blog...and wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you. As I read your blog, I thought of the words to the song:
"Just think of stepping on shore.
and finding it Heaven.
Of touching a hand
and finding it God's.
Of breathing new air
and finding it Celestial.
Of waking up in Heaven,
and finding it Home."
Blessings to you.