Friday, October 31, 2008

our last date

a year has gone by since papa and I had our last date- we went out for supper and just a chat over water- we don't drink coffee--LOL- and it was a nice quiet date and papa as always made it special- he always had good things to say to me about me even though sometimes I did look like a bag lady-
I missed him this night and I am glad I have this memory- I remember that
the grand kids came up before we went out for supper= Miss Sidney was a princess and Ashley was just taking her around- Miss Ashley is sort of Miss Sidney's other mama - I remember papa taking pictures and giving them both a toony-(which is 2 dollars in Canada) and I had some socks for them- we did not give out the candy thing with the grands as we knew they would have more than enough- and were already sweet enough........
while we were eating they popped into the cafe too to say hi and find more treats- here the town is small enough for all the stores to give out candy etc. to the kids -
I think now that this date has come and nearly gone I will be able to move on with the rest of the story- I think I stuck my self on this date knowing that it would be very bitter sweet-
I know that I wrote about this once before but I felt the need to write about it again - I will probably repeat things now and then but mostly because of senior moments --
Sometimes all we have is memory, that sometimes they are what gets us through, and so we are careful before letting them go....
hugs from Meme

No comments: