Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 9- anniversary

On Thursday- October 9 - I celebrated my 42 anniversary- it was a bitter sweet day as I missed hubby and our own personal celebration that we had always done faithfully together each year.
And I finally =felt that I had said a good bye that was ''good bye, my friend-I miss you and love and I was so blessed to share part of your life and my life together with you-
On past excursions when we went places separately
I remembered how we both watched and waved to each other beyond the ''out of sight- Now I have simply stopped waving as I know that I can accept ''his leaving and he that he is out of sight, but only for a moment of our time. Although he cannot come to me I will some day go to him.
It is with a heavy heart that I can now say this but I also know that his trip is finished and now I must continue with out him on my journey- He will continue to be in my heart and thoughts daily but no longer with wishful thinking but with the knowledge that he is gone- He left me with the good Shepherd and wonderful memories to share with my/his family.
His gift was to make me ''feel loved - to know love and to be able to receive my love in return- something that we all want to have and to feel- and need = and he gave his love with out conditions.
He was a gift from God and although he is out of my physical vision and touch - he is in my heart vision and his love touches me.
I shall continue to grieve for him and write of him and to follow the good Shepherd. - I will have tears of sorrow and days of mourning but I can again feel God's love- that He slips it into my life whenever I let Him- and so I will make this journey with the Lord, and I too will go some day to the place that He has prepared for me-
Thank you, God for giving me papa David for 42 years=

1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

My heart hurts for you. In Sunday School today these words were said, "you can't know the time you'll go, or the way you'll go, but you can know who you will be when you go." You know who God wants you to be and who you will be when you go and who you will see. Those are some wonderful things to know. They won't take away your sadness or your missing him, but they remind you that your time here is best spent getting ready to see him again. blessings, marlene