Saturday, October 18, 2008

the prince

  • I have always loved to read and as a kid, I read many fairy tales
  • and also was taught to be a wife and mother and keeper of the home
  • so I always dreamed of being a princess who would find her prince
  • and live happily ever after....well,
  • I did find my prince although he was not tall, dark, and handsome-
  • he was short, Blondie and handsome- LOL
  • we played house for a year and a bit and then
  • our first baby came and I woke up
  • to unmade beds, dirt dishes and baby bottles
  • and the real story
  • but we had fun and decided we could add
  • another child to the nest so we finally
  • settled down with two daughters who were both tomboys
  • and we made a home and a family
  • we were most often poor and learned how
  • to cook hamburger in 101 different ways
  • we had a normal dysfunctional family
  • and when our nest became empty we had
  • a lot of distress until we discovered
  • each again and also found that we had time
  • to be a prince and a princess and turn our
  • home into a castle with Jesus as our king
  • we did live happily ever after and
  • now that papa has gone to his eternal life
  • and I am missing our ever after here I
  • am so glad that he was a prince
  • who made me feel like a queen=
  • I am going to a grief group now and
  • for homework we are supposed to write our
  • loved one a letter but I am not comfortable
  • writing to papa David so I have decided not too
  • I know that we do not talk to the dead nor
  • do they talk to us as they are not over
  • ''there''
  • waiting to send us some message telling us
  • to let go....
  • so I guess I will have to go in with
  • out doing my homework
  • quite their way of right
  • but I did think I would write this instead
  • and share it with you all
  • I loved my prince
  • and I thank God that we had an ever after
  • here on earth and we will have a eternal
  • ever after when my work here is done.
  • huggles me, Meme aka Oma

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Meme,
Each post that you write is so beautiful...they really touch my heart. You have such a sweet spirit and wonderful attitude. You are such a good example to all that know you or read your blog.

I know that families are forever and we can be with our loved ones again.

If you will come to my blog and email me your address I have a video called "Families are Forever" that I would like to send you. Let me know if you are interested.

I know that each day is a challenge...I pray that you will feel God's loving support and be comforted. Love, Lura