Tuesday, October 7, 2008

God said no.......

When my husband was given his diagnosis re terminal cancer our first reaction was to pray against the cancer and believe that God was healing him- it took us weeks to finally say to God= what ever, Lord, we are willing to go through this trial if you are with us- it was hard to let go of our faith in the healing and just believe what God said......we both struggled with our faith finally realizing that our faith could not be placed in our faith but in God- we finally knew one day that there was no turning back to just faith but we also had to believe ---- the promises of Psalm 23 and John 3:16 Letting go- of papa was the hardest thing that I ever had to do because I had to give him to God to do according to His will and not mine/ours- I still cling to ''wanting papa David here even though I know he is now made whole and that he always did belong to God- I am not happy that I lost papa David to the cancer but I praise God that he won his eternal life just as his favorite verse- John 3:16 says-For David so believed that God gave his only begotten son and if David believed he would/does have eternal life- It is worth the grief to know where David is.....and I praise God that when David was lost he was found through God's amazing grace
huggles me, Meme

1 comment:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I love coming here! I love your honesty and your open heart and willingness to share how you feel. Most people won't do that!
It IS hard to realize that sometimes God has different plans for our loved ones than what our faith wants. He has a time set for each us as to when He wants to take us home, and I don't believe that ever changes, no matter what our faith level is. And would I want to change that???? When we come to the place of knowing that He ALWAYS knows what is best, our hearts will rest in that perfect will. Yes, the human side often cries out against the dying of a loved one. It is so hard to let go!!!! But our faith brings us to where you are -- knowing that David is now whole again, and living with His Savior! And someday you, too, will take his hand again! Thank you for your comments and prayers for ME! I so much appreciate that -- more than you will ever know!