Sunday, November 16, 2008

the first snow

  • to day we woke up to snow and suddenly
  • my heart wanted papa so much
  • he had a way of brushing off the car
  • that I miss--I would watch him out our kitchen window
  • I did brush/sweep off our big balcony
  • and made sure Dogman could get to his
  • pee patch--not as neatly as papa
  • would have done but it is done
  • I did some things in our basement too
  • which was really papa's territory
  • so I almost feel as I am invading
  • it is tough tossing his treasures
  • and sorting his tools= but it needs
  • to be started and he has so much
  • in odds and ends I feel there will be no end
  • I missed his kiss on top of my head
  • after I banged it on the stairs -
  • I spent most of the day alone
  • and managed ok until the country music
  • awards came on......which was another favorite
  • of his....I got so ''homesick'' for dear David
  • that I called my grand daughter home
  • the good news she was already on her way
  • now we have had a chat
  • and fed the dog and bird
  • - I will continue our last December tomorrow
  • our internet was not co-operating the last
  • two days so I was off the net which
  • I suppose it better than being ''off my rocker''LOL
  • missing Papa a lot tonight with ''tears''
  • I wonder if there is snow in heaven----
  • I do like snow as it cleans everything up
  • even though underneath the dirt is hiding
  • huggles me
  • Meme

1 comment:

natalie said...

Marlyn,
I came across your blog on accident. Actually it was probably a "God Thing". I just want you to know that I am praying you feel our Heavenly Fathers Arms around you and that you will once again feel at peace. Your marriage to your husband sounds like the marriage that many dream of. It is easy to tell how in love you are and how you were best friends.
I do not know what it is like to lose a husband, I can't imagine. But, 5 years ago we lost our middle child at age 13. The hurt that we learn to live with, and the "new normal" are at times unbearable. The only way I get thru each day is to begin with a prayer that God will be with me and help me be a good mom to my other 2 kids.
Trust God, he will get you thru. A favorite verse I often say in my head is Jer. 29:11. God has a plan, and we are not like those who do not know him, we have a hope and a future with him. I often dream of the day I will see our Angel, Malorie again, what a day that will be.

grace to you,
natalie