Monday, November 17, 2008

winter blues

  • I think the beginning of winter has caught up with me
  • I slept a lot today which was ok but it makes the day short
  • I have had 3 very intensive deep sorrow days in a row
  • I know that papa David is safe as can be at the Father's feet
  • but right now, I just want him here
  • in his chair
  • and yet, I
  • am so happy to know where he is at--
  • I never knew before that you can be happy and in sorrow
  • at the same time...and some how it comes out as
  • Joy in the mourning
  • I found an old pair of David's glasses today
  • which reminded me of how he would sit and
  • journal his Bible- he had a hard time reading plus
  • remembering
  • so when he copied the bible out by hand
  • it stayed in his mind more
  • He got as far in the new testament as the end of the corinthians
  • and also did the Psalm and Proverbs-
  • I taught him to read shortly after I met him
  • with newspaper articles
  • as he was taken out of school at the age of 14 to
  • yo work shovel coal into basements as that
  • was the fuel to heat homes in the fifties
  • parents could do that then and so we
  • had a generation who received very little eduacation
  • in our town- and many other small towns
  • his cancer took away his ability to read
  • the last 5 months
  • so I would read the Psalms to him and then
  • he would remember= he knew the Lord's prayer and 23 psalm
  • and would repeat them with us
  • -----good night------from Meme

2 comments:

Marge said...

I just commented on your other blog, and then switched to this one. I'm so sorry you lost "papa." I read a few of your recent posts where you were retelling your story from last December. I will read more and catch up to present. Please come back to my blog too. My archieves contain my story from this summer. We lost my mom to brain cancer in July.

Blessings,
Marge

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Meme..
Yes yes!! weeping may endure for the night, but God's joys comes in the morning. Because he lives we can face tomorrow, Jesus is already in our tomorrows waiting for us. Let him carry you through this time of your journey. Snuggle dear sister in the palm of his loving hands, he holds you, he comforts, he cries with you. Your heart is so fragile and so tender and he holds your heart as well so very carefully. He loves you so much and knows how much you need him as you mourn Papa. Sleep well and may peace fill your soul, may his peace that passes all understanding heal your tender heart, in your time, in his time,in your times togther.

Hugz Lorie