Friday, November 21, 2008

walking -------

Today is one of those days that was a widow walking day
It is amazing how paper work is still involved with David
even though the government is notified immediately about
a death so there can be no fraud by someone who would
try to use the identity=
things did get straighted out fortunately and they confirmed
that it was their/computer mistake- sigh
but at the time it is confusing and difficult to even know
what to do'''''
today is now 4 months since David graduated to his heavenly home
and I miss him more now than then-- Then I was simply relieved
that he had gone ''Home'' and left his old broken shell behind
and not accepting his leaving as a reality-
Now I know in my heart he is gone-- I am looking forward to spring although
winter has not even come yet but spring is a time of renewal -but until then I
will be ok as the Lord is my shepherd-

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you(papa) Philippians 1:3
What a wonderful verse to encourage me to continue on with the Lord and our
memories in my heart-
Huggles me, Meme

2 comments:

Marge said...

I lost my precious mom four months ago this past week. It's hard, isn't it? So hard to lose one you love so much.

This Thanksgiving will be the first holiday without her, but what a wonderful time to remember all I have to be thankful for, my mom at the top of the list. What a blessing to have spent 64 years with her!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Grammy Staffy said...

My heart goes out to you. I know that going through the holidays for the first time without your dear husband will be so hard. I am sure that you feel the loss more as the reality of his death settles in. I did when my baby and my mom died. At first you seem to be comforted by family and friends and the spirit. Little by little the reality sets in. It will get easier with time.

How blessed we are to know that life goes on eternally. I'm sure that your sweet husband is still close to you...watching over you. Families are forever....love goes on and on.

I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Lura