Wednesday, November 26, 2008

  • some more papa David left-over business done today
  • it went well and I kept myself together by hanging
  • on to the Lord who is my shepherd
  • it helped that the people involved made me feel like
  • David was a real person rather than a number
  • they did not know him well but they were so kind
  • and helpful --rather than official
  • just a few more things to do and then I can just be done-
  • papa David does not need a driver's license in heaven
  • as he has wings--(smile)
  • I can make soft jokes about him now as I am happy for him
  • just sad for me and those who loved him as we miss him
  • I will have a new Christmas this year as it is important
  • to our grands and with papa so sick last year they missed out
  • having anything at oma/papa's house
  • so we will hang stockings and have new and old traditions mixed
  • skipping Christmas would not change how much we will
  • miss him and he would be pleased that we are celebrating
  • our dear Saviour's birthday
  • we will make a birthday cake for Jesus (new)
  • HUGGLES MEME

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

I have been thinking of you off and on today. My heart goes out to you. These first holidays without your David must be so hard. I am glad that you have the faith to know that life goes on and your sweet husband is not far from you...even though you are apart for awhile.

I hope that you had a happy day today...with smiles even though there may have been a few tears too. I send you hugs, Lura

Marge said...

It's our first holiday without my dear mom, who is feasting in Heaven with Jesus. I thought of you today, too. Hard, isn't it? Without our faith it would be impossible to face these days. I wish you peace as we head into the difficult holiday season....but with the knowledge that they are better off than we are, and we wouldn't wish them back for one minute!

Blessings,
Marge