Friday, November 14, 2008

WOUNDS INTO SCARS

I am beginning to notice that on my widow journey that some of my wounds are turning into scars-
I was troubled about this at first as my mind sees healing as becoming the same as before but as I was reading
about Jesus when he returned to his disciples -- He still had his scars - and by those scars we know that we will be healed--
I realize now that I too will have scars which at times I will show others or at times others will recognize in me-
It is a journey of unknown discoveries- a journey I could not take with out having first taking the marriage vows and then the journey of two to become one -
sometimes I just want to quit hurting but the wounds must remain open until they are clean and safe so that scars will not need to be reopened or cause infection(bitterness)
- we would not want stitches to close a wound if the wound was not cleaned first-and to be given something for the pain--God gave us his promises to help with the pain and the healing- and gave us our grief - (we cannot have grief with out love)
I am learning that grief is a good thing.....
I am learning that with healing of grief does not change my love for David -- and it does not change God's love for me-He collects our tears in a bottle- psalm 56:8
I need to learn to : TO REST IN THE LORD, AND WAIT PATIENTLY FOR HIM.......PSALM 37:7 Waiting has always been hard for me --It is hard to quiet my mind and hear the Lord speak to me in every tear drop-and trust that one day I too shall be healed with no open wounds. I still hurt but I know that the Lord is doing something to cleanse my wounds- I know that I can still fall down but the Lord will help me up again.

AND GOD SHALL WIPE AWAY ALL THE TEARS FROM THEIR EYES; AND THERE SHALL BE NO MORE DEATH, NEITHER SORROW, NOR CRYING, NEITHER SHALL THERE BE ANY PAIN: FOR THE FORMER THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY. REVELATION 21:4

huggles me, Meme--who is trusting God to keep His word

3 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Thank you my sister ..
For blessing with your presence today and for sharing your heart. I see my dear friend Cora here as well *smile* I was blessed reading your writing and I will be back to read more of your journey.

Hugz lorie

Joyfulsister said...

I meant to say thank you for blessing "me" with your presence lol my eyes are so tired I really need to go to bed!!!

Nite~~

Grammy Staffy said...

I can't begin to tell you how your blog touches my life. Each post is beautiful and so full of faith and love. I wish that I could know you in real life. I wish that I could reach out and hug you and thank you for your inspirational outlook on life....even in the midst of this difficult journey into widowhood you are filled with hope and light. I thank you for letting me share that journey with you.

I am a better person for it.
I send you love. Lura