Saturday, March 28, 2009

blessing of the coats

  • on Wednesday before I came home from the city
  • brother Bill took his wife and I shopping
  • we puttered in Wal-mart for a while and
  • I got some tea and this and thats--
  • then we went to a store in the mall
  • ----last summer when papa hubby died
  • his sister gave me $50.00 with instructions (and
  • when she talks - Meme listens ..........)
  • to buy my self something
  • she knew that I had not been
  • out for over 9 months
  • to shop beyond groceries
  • as I was
  • always with dear papa...
  • so sister in law and I did a putter shop
  • and brother followed us-so as not to lose one of us(grin)
  • I found a nice coat for dress up---
  • on sale for half price........
  • warm and a nice fit...
  • I wanted a longer coat but
  • this coat was the one that fit right
  • and suited my color and could be
  • worn with many outfits and colors-
  • and with Alberta weather will
  • pass all seasons-
  • it is black and white hounds-tooth
  • and it was $49. on sale
  • and suited my tiny frame
  • off to pay for the coat and the lady
  • said - where is your free coat
  • what -????
  • what free coat?
  • she says'' this sale is buy one- get one free
  • and she sent me back to the coats
  • I had already tried most of them
  • so I knew this could get difficult now
  • plus I did not want to go over the 50 dollars
  • as that was all I had ---
  • so I tried to find a coat- but no way
  • could I find one in size 9 that I thought
  • was a good fit....
  • but there was one coat in size 7
  • that I had not tried on
  • as the other coats in size 7
  • that I tried were too short in the arms
  • but I felt a nudge to try it on....
  • and yes, it fit just right and
  • was a good style again for me
  • and the color was my favorite papa purple
  • which a dark purple black
  • very close to his cancer purple
  • and it was longer-- almost to my knees
  • wow- wow
  • - and the price was 49 dollars too
  • what a great blessing!!!!!!
  • before papa died we shopped together
  • and I always got his opinion- and he
  • was quite good about telling me what not to wear--
  • he could see better re fit and colors for me
  • and most often was right...
  • this was the first coat I had bought
  • all by myself and
  • when I felt the nudge to try on that coat
  • I wondered why--
  • and then later I realized that God
  • gave that nudge......to me as
  • He was saying me
  • that He would take care of me now
  • the coat did not come from papa hubby
  • as my Bible tells me
  • that the our loved one
  • who followed Him
  • are with God and
  • they do not see us here
  • that is why there are no tears in heaven -
  • papa hubby took care of me when he was here
  • and that was part of his ministry as husband--
  • but my Bible does say that
  • God will take care me- He is
  • here for me now as husband...
  • Papa hubby's earthly job done....
  • I cannot explain what these coats meant to me
  • I have never had a dress up coat before
  • lots of winter coats and jackets
  • lots of thrift store specials and after season sales
  • and these coats were blessings too--but
  • it has always been one of my hearts desires
  • to have a nice coat for church etc.
  • I do believe that God gave me the nudge
  • to tell me that papa hubby is ok and that I am ok too
  • as I continue to grieve I can grieve with peace
  • while
  • wearing a warm coat
  • either long or short---
  • 2 dress up coats - that fit and that
  • will remind of how good God is-
  • and He will take care of me-------
  • as I
  • remember that dear papa hubby
  • was a good and kind husband
  • **************
  • the other blessing
  • is that these coats do not fit
  • Miss Ashley -LOL
  • so they will not be going to a hockey game(wink)
  • ****************
  • hugs from Meme who can now play dress up
  • Thank- you, Lord

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. Such a wonderful blessing to find two dress-up coats. Isn't it comforting to know that our Heavenly Father watches over and walks with us daily?
So cute that you mention Miss Ashley won't be wearing these coats because of the size!!!