Wednesday, March 11, 2009

your gray hair is showing....

  • when Miss Ashley was sick and I took her to the doctor
  • she needed a prescription which meant we had to stop
  • at the drugstore
  • we were told we had about a 20 minute wait
  • which meant to me 20 minutes of wandering or is
  • that wondering?-
  • really for me it was both
  • as we had time to walk around and I
  • had no idea how much the prescription would
  • cost
  • and to Miss Ashley it meant
  • 20 minutes of shopping
  • now she is a needy needy hinter
  • hmm- I need new eye liner
  • or shampoo or/and
  • cheezies for dinner or
  • you know the story
  • of needy grand girls....especially
  • in a store where make up
  • is sold-- but
  • alas Meme is past the stage of falling for hints
  • so we were both just wandering/wondering
  • the isles
  • window shopping and we went past the
  • hair dye and I hear the voice behind me say
  • ''Oma, we need hair dye
  • Your gray hair is showing''!!!
  • now Miss Ashley is difficult to dis-own
  • and I had to be the only Oma in the store
  • that day-
  • I tried not to laugh -- but it was the serious
  • tone of her voice that made me crack...
  • alas- Meme was not ready to hide her silver that
  • is hidden , I hope and pretend
  • among her gold. --
  • I will but another day
  • like a pay day that does not require prescriptions =
  • and
  • I got off blessed that day as we only got
  • one pretty pink hairbrush re breast cancer
  • and the prescription
  • I think I may have bought the hairbrush
  • out of guilt of trying to pretend I did not
  • know her--LOL

huggles from Meme

  • ************

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Young people have a way with words don't they? My hair has all turned gray and at the hospital yesterday, the young orderly asked if I was Nalley's MOTHER?????!!!!!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Did I see a smile on your face that you were trying to hide as you wrote that post?????? Your love for her is just shining through!!!! Looks like I'm going to have some silver linings throughout my hair as I can see it coming in now!!!!
Cora

Joyfulsister said...

I can't wait to have a grandaughter, I have 3 grandsons and I do love them so, but I never get to go to the pretty dresses, hair bows and girly girl areas lol. Legos, and matchbox cars invade my home!!!

Hugz Lorie

Magnolia Memories08 said...

First time to visit. Anything to do with grandchildren is the greatest. I have two beautiful grandsons. Connor and Cooper. Believe me they as well can say the darnest sweetest little things. I enjoyed reading your post.
Have a great week.
Vikki