Wednesday, March 25, 2009

the tale of two Memes-part 1

  • I will now share my going ''to the big city'' outing
  • brother Bill came for me early which was
  • ok as I was ready
  • we had good traveling highways and
  • we made good time
  • and he took
  • over to his house first and he and
  • his wife made me at home while we waited
  • for the time
  • to leave for the appointment
  • brother got me to the hospital on time
  • I found my way down 3 flights to the 4th level
  • and then found my place of waiting
  • not a long wait- and I was in ------
  • and suddenly sitting in a chair with
  • a stick up my nose that had freezing gel on
  • the end of it-
  • these are the names of the tests
  • 1.-- esophageal motility study test
  • 2.-- 24 hour pH monitoring
  • both of which require having a hose stuck up
  • the nose and then down into the tummy
  • first step of the game was to shove a stick
  • up my nose to freeze it ........
  • and then the first test
  • a hose circumfering a set of wires
  • hooked to a computer
  • a thicker hose that I expected
  • and not soft and very flexible
  • away we go-
  • pain - beyond description
  • up through eye into head
  • down into the ear - and side of face
  • and
  • the hose goes up and down into the tummy
  • you swallow the thing inch by inch
  • and then it stopped- the hose - that is
  • it would not go where it needed to go
  • so somehow a simple five minute (the doctor said it was simple)
  • test turned into a 30 minute test
  • the pain was so bad that I did not have
  • a mind to think- first time I have been
  • completely speechless or thoughtless
  • the next half hour consisted of
  • swallow- don't swallow-- and then swallow
  • sigh- and long lasting pain did not go away
  • a pain-I did not know
  • that we as humans
  • could hurt that bad........
  • ok- that is test number one done
  • we go to number two
  • however this hose too does not go far enough
  • down into my tummy
  • so I ask her if my Hiatus hernia could be
  • the problem--
  • well - yes- it could but she does not know
  • about the hernia--
  • Meme says- well I thought the doctor who wrote
  • the letter would say-something
  • in one word at a time as it is bad thing to
  • talk with a hose in your nose-
  • oops- let us read the letter together
  • while I sit with the hose moving my whole brain
  • into a new dimension------
  • there it is - in black and white
  • hiatus hernia
  • sigh- this test has to be stopped--sigh
  • there is only one thing worse than
  • having a hose shoved up your nose
  • and that is having it pulled out ------of your nose
  • so the test could not be done
  • --sigh---
  • I was suppose to wear the hose for
  • 24 hours attached to a little machine
  • that is attached to my pants- while
  • the hose stays up my nose and in my tummy
  • and go home and have a normal day-
  • (hahahahahaha)
  • it records data of what my tummy is doing
  • yes--I was so happy to leave there with no hose
  • and machine- .......
  • that I was able to say thank you for
  • shoving that hose my nose--LOL
  • and I mentioned that my nose was
  • getting numb and my friendly hos-er
  • said --oh- we ( I only saw one of her
  • but she said we
  • "" forgot to wait for the freezing
  • to take hold- some people take longer ''
  • - I
  • took my nose and
  • I ran out there and I did not look back--
  • -----------------------
  • I am LOL now but not then -
  • I will continue the rest the story later
  • like tomorrow --
  • every things goes up hill after this--
  • a good up hill,,,,
  • and I received many blessings
  • after the hosing-
  • hugs from Meme

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. I am so sorry things did not go well. So many times, Dr.'s do not pay attention to what we say or do not read what they should.

John and Lisa said...

Oh Meme, Your comment button says "hugs" and I am certainly sending one your way. What an awful experience. I am praying that the doctors will be able to treat you correctly and efficiently without any more of this type of pain! Blessings for a peaceful night's sleep and a happy day tomorrow!

Denise said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! I am so so very sorry and thank goodness you turned and ran from that place!!!!!! Seems that the Dr would know about the HH.. Bless your heart...... I will pray for your stomach...... I have had test after test and they cannot find anything wrong......sooooooo I am going to stop looking.........

have a blessed weekend........