Saturday, March 21, 2009

In a Special Land

  • it is 8 months ago today since papa hubby went away
  • I have made it through 2 seasons of the year
  • and although my heart is missing a piece of me
  • I can now have good moments and days
  • where I can remember him with out tears
  • it is a strange feeling to have a part of you
  • gone and know that you can not ask for it back.
  • I am now a widow who hangs out with the other widows
  • at our church and we laugh and we cry and we miss
  • our best friends--
  • we manage to learn new things and
  • we ask each other how to do things
  • and we survive in spite of ourselves.
  • ------while spring cleaning today--
  • I found this poem that arrived here
  • before papa hubby went home ---
  • it is what he would say if he were here
  • for but a moment --
  • ---
  • IN A SPECIAL LAND
  • If I could sit beside you
  • I would gently hold your hand.
  • I'd comfort you and tell you of a
  • a very special land.
  • A land with joy and laughter where
  • the angels fill the air;
  • a land of such great beauty that
  • the earth cannot compare.
  • I know in all your sorrow how
  • you wish me back with you,
  • though I with life beyond your thoughts
  • can give you just a view.
  • So do not put your trust in men
  • for mortals cannot save.
  • But put your hope in Jesus Christ
  • the victor of the grave.
  • Then whether it is days or years
  • until I hold your hand---
  • take comfort, for the Lord and I
  • are in a special land--( by Carla Muir)
  • --
  • missing papa hubby and trusting in the Lord

with hugs from Meme

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such a sweet poem. Seems like the Spring has been a little more tearful for me. Mama loved the flowers so one by one as they began to open. God bless you and give you peace tonight. Thank you for sharing.

Denise said...

Beautiful poem ....... Is it not just like God to heal the heart... How does HE do that? Memories without tears.......Healing...... OH how HE loves us and wants to bring to us peace amid the pain...... HE does that........ You are a joy to visit...... I will come back often..