Monday, March 9, 2009

brrrrrrrrr-

  • it is a cold winter night here in Alberta
  • about minus 30 with a light wind
  • nights like this I miss papa hubby
  • I never feel quite safe on a cold night
  • with the furnace running off and on
  • so often
  • I remember mama sitting up all night
  • on cold winter nights as we only
  • have the wood kitchen stove and the
  • little wood stove in the living room
  • no stoves in the bed rooms
  • she sat up to keep the fires burning
  • and there was also the need to
  • watch for chimney fires
  • we never froze but there would
  • be lots of frost on the windows
  • time change too which means I
  • am still awake but really should
  • be in bed........it takes me about
  • a week to get back in gear
  • it makes no difference
  • to farming as farmers
  • go by the dew on the grass
  • as soon as it started drying
  • was when daddy went to the fields
  • but it is the way it is- so
  • I have to reset my mind and body
  • have a good week---
  • reach out and hug some one
  • freezing hugs from Meme

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending a warm hug your way!